How are you going to rock in 2012 on the East End? Dan’s Papers Best of the Best winner Suzy on the Rocks has some ideas—which you can hear when they play New Year’s Eve at Page restaurant in Sag Harbor. Looking ahead to the big night, the band shared its top ten tunes for ringing in the new year right!
1. “Lady Marmalade” by LaBelle: steamy song about a business man hooking up with a prostitute in New Orleans. Gets everybody in the mood for some righteous debauchery.
2. “Higher Ground” by Stevie Wonder: after the scandalous Lady Marmalade, a New Year’s resolution to shape up!
3. “Circles” by Billy Preston: calls to mind the cyclical nature of time, in the funkiest way possible.
4. “Son of a Preacher Man” by Dusty Springfield: just a really cool, sultry song.
5. “What’d I Say” by Ray Charles: everybody gets to join in and make quasi-orgasmic sounds!
6. “Down in Mexico” by the Coasters: more debauchery in a warmer climate (see Lady Marmalade).
7. “Do Right Woman – Do Right Man” by Aretha Franklin: OK, another New Year’s resolution after the questionable choices made in Mexico…
8. “Walking After Midnight” by Patsy Cline: OK, this is for the poor folks with no one to kiss at midnight. Keep searching!
9. “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” by Elton John: nice ballad about surviving another year?
10: “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper: beautiful ballad about love and the passage of … you guessed it … TIME!
You can rock in the new year with Suzy on the Rocks at Page restaurant, 63 Main Street in Sag Harbor, on Saturday night, December 31!