Happy New Year! As we welcome in 2012, it is a good time to consider a formal financial plan if you have not already done so. It is my experience that more people than you would think spend more time deciding what car to buy and where they will go on their next vacation than they do on how to help protect their family and their assets.
Please ask yourself the following questions:
- In the event of your death, do your surviving spouse and designated family members have a comprehensive booklet that lists your assets, liabilities and employee benefits, along with special instructions to include an “in the event of my death checklist” as well?
- Do you periodically review your insurance policies to make sure you have protected your family in the event of your death?
- Does your investment portfolio have a written investment policy that is consistent with your long-term investment objectives?
- Have you completed an estate plan? If so, is it reviewed periodically?
- Do you and your tax advisor review your tax strategies periodically?
- Have you evaluated your employee benefits to include your 401(k) plan?
- Have you planned for your retirement, and as a result, are you saving enough money?
- Is there a system in place to manage your IRA and pension withdrawals adjusted for market conditions, so that you do not outlive your assets?
- Finally, do you have a trusted professional that you have designated to coordinate and supervise this activity on your behalf?
La Ferla Group has been in the wealth management business for more than 31 years, and what I can tell you is that the households that have taken the time to address the points we have outlined are the families that are best equipped to manage unexpected events and difficult financial markets.
For more information about La Ferla Group and the services we offer, or to schedule an appointment at a time and place that is convenient for you, please call our office.
From all of us at La Ferla Group, you have our very best wishes.
Please look for our full page ad in Dan’s Papers.
John G. Macri, CFP®Portfolio Manager, Global Balanced Portfolio La Ferla Group UBS Financial Services Inc. 333 Earle Ovington Blvd., Ste.600 Uniondale, NY 11553-9323 800-645-5155, Fax 877-359-9126, 516-745-8900 email@example.com, www.ubs.com/team/lg
Insurance products are issued by unaffiliated third-party insurance companies and made available through insurance agency subsidiaries of UBS Financial Services Inc.
Important information about Advisory & Brokerage Services:
As a firm providing wealth management services to clients, UBS is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as an investment adviser and a broker-dealer, offering both investment advisory and brokerage services. Advisory services and brokerage services are separate and distinct, differ in material ways and are governed by different laws and separate contracts. It is important that you carefully read the agreements and disclosures UBS provides to you about the products or services offered. For more information, please visit our website at www.ubs.com/workingwithus.
We offer financial planning as an investment advisory service. This service terminates when the plan is delivered to the client. Note that financial planning does not alter or modify in any way the nature of a client’s UBS accounts, their rights and our obligations relating to these accounts or the terms and conditions of any UBS account agreement in effect during or after the financial planning service. Clients are not required to establish accounts, purchase products or otherwise transact business with us to implement their financial plan. Should a client decide to implement their financial plan with us, we will act as either a broker-dealer or an investment adviser, depending on the service selected. For more information about our financial planning services see the Firm’s Financial Planning Disclosure Brochure
Neither UBS Financial Services Inc., nor any of its employees provide tax or legal advice. You must consult with your tax and legal advisors regarding your personal circumstances
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
©2011 UBS Financial Services Inc. All rights reserved. Member SIPC