As everyone knows, the summer is the biggest time of year for the Hamptons, and as it comes to a close so do sales on some of the most priciest homes of the year. We have collected a list of the Top 10 Priciest homes sold in the Hamptons this year, so enjoy!
1. Sold for $28.5 million: 322 Meadow Lane (Southampton), Cofounder of Apollo Global Management, Marc Rowan, was the seller of this home, and it was sold to fellow financier Carlos Alejandro Pérez Dávila. This exceptional 9,000 SF+/-, 6 bedroom, 6.5 bath traditional cedar shingle home is nestled upon more than 2.3 acres of prime oceanfront real estate, flanked by two different bodies of water. The interiors are masterfully designed by architect Will Schulz with contemporary details and extraordinary views created by master builder Hamilton Hoge. Step into the double height grand foyer and soak in the majestic ocean views, curved balcony with glass railings, floating staircases and Ramage Limestone floors. Throughout the first floor the Atlantic Ocean can be viewed panoramically. The open floor plan of the expansive living room with fireplace, cozy library, formal dining room and large luxuriously appointed kitchen with gathering area ensuring that daily living makes no compromises.
2. $28 million: 174 Further Lane (East Hampton), bought/sold by private parties represented by Corcoran agent Tim Davis in March. This dreamy oceanfront Hamptons hideaway is like having a vacation spot all your own. With 3.5 acres of secluded property, private access to the beach, lush greenery, oceanside lawns, upper and lower decks, and some of the East End’s most spectacular ocean and dune views, you can’t help but revel in relaxation and enjoy nature’s beauty all around. You and your guests can also lounge by the heated ocean-side Infinity Edge swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the tucked away north/south court. How rare an opportunity to own a uniquely special beach house in an ocean resort setting! Located off a long private drive on legendary Further Lane in East Hampton, the 7-bedroom, 8.5-bath contemporary home with an attractive maintenance-free stucco exterior was originally built in 1997 by Wright & Co Construction and brought to life by James Merrell Architects. The home and terraced landscape was recently re-styled by world renowned designers Fox Nahem Design.
3. $27.5 million: 43 Surfside Drive (Bridgehampton): Sold in March by Terry Cohen of Saunders and Associates who represented the Shafran family in the sale, who bought the home from an anonymous seller. This is a Single-Family Home located at 43 Surfside Drive, Bridgehampton NY. 43 Surfside Dr has 9 beds and approximately 7,142 square feet. The property has a lot size of 1.84 acres and was built in 2007. The average list price for similar homes for sale is $49,000,000. 43 Surfside Dr is in the 11932 ZIP code in Bridgehampton, NY. The average list price for ZIP code 11932 is $5,872,501.
4. $24 million: 171 Great Plains Road (Southampton), Sold to an anonymous buyer by Corcoran agent Tim Davis who represented Sellers Robin and John Pickett, Jr. back in March. Inspired by the allée of 200 year old beech trees on this 4.5 acre estate parcel the current owners embarked on a three year planning and building process with renowned architect Francis Fleetwood. The result is a stunningly beautiful country home built to the highest quality in design and construction. Nearly 17,000 sq. ft. and offering the finest of everything, executed to within an inch of perfection, this wonderful residence is now available for sale to the discriminating buyer.
5. $20 million: 89 Lily Pond Lane (East Hampton). Seller Lowell Schulman used his daughter, Ami Schulman a broker in Manhattan, to sell his property to an anonymous buyer in February. This 8+ bedroom, 8+ bathroom home (including the cottages) is an original mansion of the famed Summer Colony of the early 1900’s (estimated over 9,000 square feet). It is also of the “few” with Private deeded BEACH ACCESS to the secluded section between Main Beach and Georgica Beach. Situated on a 2.23 acre yard, this special property was originally built in 1912 as a vacation residence for Dr. John F. Erdmann who named it Coxwould after the English cottages of Cotswold. It was designed by 32 year old society architect, Harrie T. Lindeberg. With its English flavor and the “Lindeberg Roof” the architect (who personally involved himself with the home’s construction) created what remains one of the top ten homes in the Hamptons.
6. $18.5 million: 329 Highland Terrace (Bridgehampton) Corcoran’s Gary DePersia and Brown Harris Stevens’ Martha Gunderson had the co-exclusive on this spec house that was sold in May to an anonymous buyer. This is a Single-Family Home located at 329 Highland Terrace, Bridgehampton NY. 329 Highland Ter has 3 beds, 2 baths, and approximately 12,949 square feet. The property has a lot size of 2.53 acres and was built in 1994. The average list price for similar homes for sale is $2,360,000 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $2,450,000. 329 Highland Ter is in the 11932 ZIP code in Bridgehampton, NY. The average list price for ZIP code 11932 is $5,872,501.
7. $17.6 million: 1360 Meadow Lane (Southampton), seller Judy Rosenberg unloaded this property to an anonymous buyer. One of the finest examples of contemporary architecture is represented here in this oceanfront residence designed by world renowned architect Ward Bennett. The concrete and stucco residence boasts rooms full of light all opening onto golden sand and miles of unspoiled coastline. A few of the features of this home suited for a ‘home collector’ and planned for carefree summer living include six bedrooms, six bathrooms, living room, dining areas, galley kitchen, several fireplaces, game room and library, all with ocean, bay and dune views. Adjacent to protected and private dunescapes, this one of a kind offers Oceanside swimming pool and all weather north/south tennis court.
8. $15.1 million: 200 Bay Lane (Water Mill), sale closed in April to anonymous buyers and sellers represented by Susan Breitenbach and Peter Huffine of Corcoran and Sotheby’s. Sweeping water vistas and gentle bay breezes define your experience from this newly built custom home in Water Mill South. Incorporating all of the latest technology, modern amenities and sophisticated systems, this luxurious 10,500+/- sq. ft. classic shingled residence features 7 bedrooms, 10 baths, formal living and dining rooms, library with hand bleached white oak paneled walls, elaborate chef’s kitchen and many other beautifully detailed spaces. The finished lower level has an additional 3,350+/- sq. ft. and includes a theater, gym, sauna, wine room and large playroom. The property accommodates garaged parking for 5 cars; 3 in the main residence and 2 in the stylish carriage house. The grounds designed by Edmund Hollander include mature plantings, a pool pavilion with kitchen and bath, 22′ x 52′ pool with separate spa and gated pathways leading to a dock on Mecox Bay.
9. $13.75 million: 186 Crescent Avenue (Water Mill), sold in January by anonymous seller/buyer. This is a Multi-Family located at 186 Crescent Avenue, Water Mill NY. 186 Crescent Ave has 4 beds, 2 baths, and approximately 4,356 square feet. The property has a lot size of 2.54 acres and was built in 2000. The average list price for similar homes for sale is $2,535,316 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $1,600,000. 186 Crescent Ave is in the 11976 ZIP code in Water Mill, NY. The average list price for ZIP code 11976 is $4,886,465.
10. $13 million: 95 Surfside Drive (Bridgehampton), Pamela Schein bought the home from Elliman agent Allison Diana back in April. This most outstanding oceanfront property offers privacy on over an acre of manicured lawns and gardens, 140′ of wide sandy ocean frontage, and dunes of abundant wild roses. A private walkway with a beachside gazebo provides intimate access to the pristine beach. This 4-bedroom, 3-bath French Contemporary has 2 oversized decks, gourmet kitchen, fireplace, and floor to ceilings windows throughout the interior affording unparalleled views of the ocean and ever changing seasonal ambience from every room. The free-form, heated pool is situated amidst a lush, green lawn surrounded by privacy hedges, and a charming windmill completes this oceanfront oasis. The generous building envelope allows expansion possibilities for a 10,000+ sq. ft. home overlooking the dune with ultimate ocean views, a very rare & valuable opportunity.