With our legendary beauty and beaches, it’s easy to find a romantic spot on the East End. The trouble is deciding which romantic spot for Valentine’s Day, a first date or an important anniversary. Our poll of heartfelt Hamptons and North Fork locals resulted in a Top 5 that offers romantic vistas and inspiring locales to share with the one you love.
1. The Montauk Lighthouse—This historic and beautiful structure overlooks the sea at the very tip of the South Fork. The view, the sound of gulls, the quiet this time of year—all of it, and maybe a bottle of wine—is perfect for a first kiss or your thousandth.
2. Mitchell Park Ice Rink at Sunset—Hold each other up as the sun comes down, glide gracefully or fall on each other laughing. It’s all lovely and fun at Greenport‘s Mitchell Park during the golden hour.
3. Ponquogue Bridge—Another majestic view west of the canal. Drive across with your sweetie or stop and take in the sights.
4. The Duck Pond—In the Village of East Hampton, this little sanctuary has private trails, quaint bridges and many adorable ducks to feed. Not to mention St. Francis and that love bench with the initials of so many couples past.
5. Elizabeth A. Morton Refuge—South Fork nature and wildlife at its finest. Bring a date and some birdseed and let the chickadees eat right out of your hands.
What’s your most romantic spot in the Hamptons or on the North Fork?