White can be a favorite color to wear all year round, but especially on the coldest days of the year.
If you’re looking for a way to liven up your wardrobe or stand out in a crowd of the usual dark and somber winter clothes, try an outfit that incorporates white, cream or ivory. The crisp look of winter white in dreary weather is refreshing, clean-looking, bold, and polished. A white dress with long sleeves in cold temperatures is unexpected. A cashmere sweater in cream will look super chic and winter-warm..
8 Tips for Wearing Winter White
1. Subtle colorations in ivory, beige-tones and cream are easier to wear than pure whites.
2. Accessories are important to balance the white shades for a winter outfit: Pair with black tights to keep you snug and a pair of stylish ankle boots. Accessorize with a pop of color in a bag, necklace or beret.
3. Fabric is really important to consider when wearing winter white. White wool, cotton, satin, silk and lace will all look great. Light materials such as chiffon, linen and gauze look more summery.
4. Look for white wool coats and trench coats for a fresh, cheerful and luxurious look.
5. Play with contrasts. Put a white jacket over a monochromatic color outfit of purple, green or cobalt: sexy and sophisticated.
6. Denim is probably the easiest way to play with winter white. It can be a go-to staple in your wardrobe.
7. Put black jacket, coat or cardigan over white and pair with black shoes for a graphic effect.
8. Select rich fabrics with texture and interest. Don’t try to match white and cream shades perfectly- the subtle colorations can mix and match in beautiful ways.