Video by Cully/EEFAS & Chris Sandstrom – Dan’s 360 Video Productions
My teens and early twenties were spent working hard in a Long Island boatyard / marina first painting boat bottoms to operating massive boat lifts to yard operations then to the holy grail of the marine business, Demo Captain! Getting to drive a different boat every hour of the day, making long distance deliveries to new boat owners, and mastering a craft that many fear, driving any boat in any condition. Once put in that position at a young age it develops great confidence as well as a great appreciation and respect for the waters that surround us. I left that struggling industry in the mid 90’s all knowing that it would recover, and it has in a big way!
We were given the chance to document the delivery of the new Tiara 50’ Coupe by Hampton Watercraft & Marine, and I enthusiastically jumped at the opportunity. Quite a road trip from Michigan for Terry our driver who had to make 27 route changes on Long Island after being escorted across the NYC bridges after 11pm. A quite different Tiara than what I used quite regularly in 1990 that now aggressively competes in the mid-size and large express cruiser market. This Tiara 50 has a wide open 360 degree cabin full of warm dark teak woods, modern styling, and materials that are sure to attract premium buyers that appreciate great mechanical engineering and smart design.
Features to point out:
• Unique & large transom storage trunk with a 70” hydraulic swim platform
• Incredibly smooth Volvo Penta IPSII-950 Joystick Pod drives that produce 725horsepower each
• A full “width of boat” luxurious master stateroom with a second bathroom
• Versatile guest stateroom that easily converts from a queen bed to 2 twin beds
• Cockpit patio deck includes molded-in lounge seating and height adjustable teak table
• A Captain’s chair that rivals Captain Kirk’s with easy access to all the essentials as well as the advanced joystick low & hi speed driving technology
• A seating area with a height adjustable dining/coffee table fills the left side of the main cabin with a motorized pop-up 40-inch LCD TV and entertainment center opposite.
• A large hardtop sunroof opens to allow great ventilation and natural light into the cabin
• A noticeable bow flare that keeps you spray free and dry in choppy situations
• 54” length overall and a massive 16’ beam (width)
• At 45,000lbs still able to attain almost 40mph with an optimal cruising speed of 28.7mph
There is a never ending list of features that I witnessed over several hours spent on this fine machine and many you will see when you watch our video but one trait stands out with the Tiara 50, confidence! Whether you are enjoying a carefree afternoon on the Peconic Bay or getting you and your passengers through a challenging 3pm windy afternoon with whitecaps, this hull and IPSII propulsion system will move you along comfortably. Go and schedule a demo at Hampton Watercraft & Marine located at 44 Newtown Rd, Hampton Bays, NY 11946 631.728.8200 and visit HamptonWatercraft.com for more information. Be sure to see them at Dan’s Taste of Summer Weekend as well.