After hosting two previous Dan’s Taste of Summer events, Iron Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, chef/owner of Butter, judge on Food Network’s Chopped, author of Old School Comfort and The Home Cook, is coming back to host Dan’s Taste of Two Forks presented by Farrell Building Company at Fairview Farm in Bridgehampton on Saturday, July 22.
But there’s a lot you probably don’t know about Guarnaschelli. Here are some facts you might not know about the Iron Chef.
1. Her mother is renowned cookbook editor Maria Guarnaschelli, with books like Classic Indian Cooking by June Sahni and The Splendid Table by Lynne Rossetto Kasper.
2. Guarnaschelli’s first memory of cooking is making Daube de Boeuf, a French beef stew with carrots and onions.
3. She studied at La Varenne Culinary School in Burgundy, as well as Barnard College.
4. In addition to being a phenomenal chef, Guarnaschelli is also a stand-up comedian!
5. She is very close with Geoffrey Zakarian, who hosted this year’s Dan’s ClambakeMTK at Gurney’s Montauk with wife Margaret.
6. Guarnaschelli has said that if she weren’t a chef, she’d be a marine biologist.
7. Charities Guarnaschelli supports include Share Our Strength, City Harvest, Wellness in the Schools and Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
8. She is married to Brandon Clark, a lawyer.
9. Guarnaschelli was executive chef at The Darby restaurant before becoming the executive chef at Butter.
10. She is a member of Les Dames d’Escoffier, a philanthropic group of women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality.
Visit DansTasteofSummer.com for more information and tickets to Dan’s Taste of Two Forks.