Pretty pastel hues come in different colors from pink, purple, green, coral and blue. I love these feminine hued palettes – think lavender sachet, mint, cotton candy, sweet peach, and sky blue — and all of the fun and flirty styling possibilities that come with those shades. These candy-colors are good to wear into September.
1. Pair pastel-colored jeans with a white top and gemstone beads for a clean, refreshing outfit.
2. Make a chic statement by accessorizing a black monochromatic ensemble with a coral bag or pink belt.
3. Layer a floaty, printed pastel chiffon top with white jeans and matching flats for an easy, romantic look.
4. A pastel shift dress will travel well and be a closet basic.
5. Think of pastel cover-ups and bathing suits in an array of mix & match pastel tones.
Here are some color meanings, to help you shop and choose the colors that will tune you up for the season. Color is an essential ingredient in our daily environment and in fashion. Not only does it communicate emotion and create a mood, it also has the power to affect our energy level
Pink is soothing. It also symbolizes love and romance.
Greens are very balancing, healing, and tranquil, representing growth, vitality, abundance, and nature.
Yellow is very happy, warm, and expansive. Yellow encourages optimism and hope and helps to stimulates the intellect.
Blue is calming, healing, soothing, and relaxing. Blues characterize contemplation and spirituality.
Peaches are cheerful and sociable.
Lavender is often related to intuition and spirituality.
Amy Zerner’s fashions and jewelry can be found at her Enchanted World Emporium, 8 Main Street (next to Rowdy Hall Restaurant) in East Hampton. Call 631-324-7695.