A Salute to Community Heroes
Instead of its annual gala the Southampton Cultural Center (SCC) will host a free online “A SALUTE TO COMMUNITY HEROES”, a montage of SCC performances celebrating dedication and courage, on Saturday, September 26th at 7PM.
The virtual event is in recognition of the courage and commitment of the first responders, nurses, doctors and other essential workers who bravely helped our community during and through the worst of the COVID Crisis this year. In addition, we are honoring Gabriele & Marano and Sound Aircraft Services for their support of the SCC during these challenging times.
Popular local celebrity, Bonnie Grice, will be the emcee of the event which is being produced by and aired on METROPOLITANZOOM.COM.
The SCC is proud to be a dynamic venue for education, exhibition and live performances serving our diverse population. The event will feature a series of entertaining performances by artists who are part of the SCC’s most popular programs including:
- • Highlights from Center Stage Concerts with numbers from Dear Evan Hanson, A Chorus Line, Cabaret and Phantom of the Opera with Ava Bianchi, Jennifer DeMeo, Darren Ottati, and Bobby Peterson
- • A performance by award-winning pianist Nathan Lee showcasing the classical Rising Stars Piano Series
- • A sample of our dance programs including lively Cuban Salsa
- • A performance of the East End Youth Quartet, a group of talented teen musicians, who have participated in our Annual Southampton Strings Festival for many years
- • A taste of boots on the ground theater’s historical theater performances including “The Miracle Worker”, “The Badge of Courage” and “Sherlock’s Secret Life”; and South Fork Performing Arts theater productions for children and teens including “Freaky Friday” and “Frozen”.
Our Message is simple: we remain mission ready to serve our members and all diverse community residents, and to thank our warrior health care providers and first responders. We pray that we all stay well.
Brief remarks will be made on behalf of the SCC by Board Members and Co-Chairs, Craig Ruhling and Stan Glinka and Executive Director, Kirsten Lonnie.