APC “Health of Accabonac Harbor Forum”
The mission of the Accabonac Protection Committee (APC) is to protect, enhance and restore the ecological integrity of Accabonac Harbor and its watershed. As part of that mission, the APC will present a public forum on the Health of Accabonac Harbor, to take place at Ashawagh Hall on July 10. The forum will feature presentations by five expert panelists on:
- -The Accabonac Salt Marsh: What it is and why it is important. (Judith Weis, Ph.D., marsh scientist)
- -Past, present and future water quality projects in Accabonac Harbor (East Hampton Department of Natural Resources)
- -Landscaping practices: what you can do to improve water quality (Edwina von Gal of Perfect Earth)
- -Sea Level Rise & shoreline Hardening: next stop, Gerrard Drive? (Kevin McAllister of Defend H2O)
- -Shellfish & water quality, with information about the new Oyster Garden site in Accabonac Harbor (Barley Dunne of the East Hampton Fish Hatchery)
The presentations will be followed by a 30 minute Q&A with the audience.
The Health of Accabonac Harbor forum at Ashawagh Hall in Springs on July 10 will begin with refreshments at 5:30pm, to be followed by the panel at 6pm and a Q & A at 7pm.
The forum is free and open to the public.
For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.