Forum “Ticks: Facts, Fictions & the Unknowns”
The forum begins with refreshments at 5:30pm, to be followed by speakers at 6pm and a Q&A session at 7pm.
- The Science & Biology of Ticks — Dr. Tamson Yeh, Cornell Cooperative Extension
- The Medical Science of Tick-Borne Disease — Dr. Anne Marie Wellins, Advisory Panel of The Regional Tick-Borne Disease Resource Center at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital
- Eco-friendly & Chemical Tick Controls — Sean O’Neal, Peconic Baykeeper and Pesticide Expert
- Moderator: Zach Cohen of the Suffolk County Tick Control Advisory Committee
- Question moderators: Edwina von Gal and Dr. Christine Ganitsch
In addition, infection prevention specialist Rebecca Young, RN, BSNwill be available to answer individuals’ questions at a Tick Info Tableat the forum. She is a member of The Regional Tick-Borne Disease Resource Center at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital.
This forum is free and open to the public. See you there!