Saint Andrew’s Dune Church 140 Years “By the Sea”
Saint Andrew’s Dune Church was founded in 1879. It was first called Saint Andrews by-the-Sea. In 1884 the name was changed to Saint Andrew’s Dune Church; a name reminiscent of Dunquerque in France and Dunkirk in Scotland. We will examine its beautiful interior and artifacts, the glorious stained-glass windows, its move to the present site, its near destruction and rebuilding, and its peaceful setting in the dunes. NOTE: The church is air conditioned by Mother Nature herself; dress accordingly, but respectfully, if the day is hot.
To register, call the museum at 631-283-2494 or visit southamptonhistory.org (max. 100 people)