Here are my New Year’s resolutions for 2013.
1. Get six pack abs. It’s been my goal since I was 13 years old to have six pack abs like the Arnold. I try every year. It never happens. Sometimes I get close, but it never actually happens. I’m writing it off this year as one of the mysteries of the universe that I will never understand.
2. Travel to a foreign country. Every year I tell myself that I’m going to travel to another country to expand my horizons. I usually do this. I’m not sure where I’m going in 2013, although I think it might be Poland.
3. Make more money than I did last year. I hate to say it, but this almost never happens unless something really out of the ordinary comes up.
4. Spend more time socializing. Believe it or not, I really am not the kind of guy who “loves to go out.” I really have to make an effort to go somewhere. I’m always happy when I do, and always regret when I decide to stay in and watch movies on Netflix.
5. Be more honest about my political opinions. I’m a closet fiscal conservative. I’m pretty liberal socially, but feel there is more abuse of government programs designed to help society that really end up just hurting society. I want to stop playing the easy card when holding conversations about politics. This is especially true when I’m around my family.
6. Take less advice from others. This year, my goal is to take advice from one person. Myself. Even if the most successful human being on the planet advises me to do something, if I don’t agree with it, I’m not going to go ahead with it.
7. Eat more vegetables. Yeah, this never happens.
8. Be out in nature more. I’m getting better with this. Technology keeps us from doing things that for previous generations was absolutely a part of every day life. Like going for walks in the woods or taking trips to various monuments.
9. To use the phone more. All the time, I’m finding myself writing an email to somebody that does not convey correctly my emotion behind it. The telephone is a much better tool when trying to communicate something, especially when it comes to business.
10. Finish a book. I wrote a book in college and then wrote a few movie scripts and plays. But I always wanted to write another book. This year it’s gonna happen.