The world’s most recognized dog behaviorist, Cesar Millan, answered our standard 10 rapid-fire questions following his recent interview with Dan’s Papers. Known from his popular Nat Geo WILD television show, Cesar 911, and his previous show, Discovery’s The Dog Whisperer, as well as books such as Cesar’s Way, Be the Pack Leader and others, Millan is a master of understanding dogs and using his insight and calm, assertive energy to rehabilitate dogs and train owners—allowing both to live happy, issue-free lives together.
Millan, who has visited friends in the Hamptons before, is returning to bring his enlightening and entertaining live show to Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center (WHBPAC) on Sunday, July 24 at 7:30 p.m. To get tickets, including VIP package (limited to 100 patrons) with front section seating, meet and greet, and photo opportunity with Millan, visit WHBPAC.org.
1. Favorite book (or last one you read, if you can’t decide)?
Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery by Rubert Sheldrake.
2. The last thing that took your breath away?
My ranch—the Dog Psychology Center.
3. The last thing that made you cry?
A YouTube video about a dog in India who lost his face and came back resilient.
4. It’s the eve of your execution… What would be your last meal?
Asado (meats cooked on an open fire).
5. Something worth fighting for?
6. Something worth giving up?
7. Spend an afternoon with anyone—alive or dead—who would it be?
Jahira, my fiancée.
8. An interesting object in your home or studio?
My crystals—rare metaphysical crystals and spiritual and energy healing gems.
9. Last film you watched?
Jon Favreau’s The Jungle Book.
10. Favorite Dog Breed?