The Scoop

Fire Marshal Shutters Southampton Village Restaurant

The Southampton Village fire marshal has prohibited anyone from occupying 136 Main Street, a restaurant building that has been home to Nammos for the past three summers.

Building Inspector Jon Foster Sr. said the building lacks a fire protection system, and the fire marshal’s requests that it be brought up to code were not met.

On Friday, Fire Marshal Dean McNamara posted a notice at the front entrance that states, “This structure is unsafe and its occupancy has been prohibited by the code enforcement official. It shall be unlawful for any person to enter such structure except for the purpose of securing the structure, making the required repairs, removing the hazardous conditions or of demolishing the same.”

Nammos Southampton on Monday. Photo credit: Brendan J. O'Reilly
Nammos Southampton on Monday. Photo credit: Brendan J. O’Reilly
Facebook Comments

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *