Three Shot In Riverhead Home Invasion

Neighbors who called police said a quiet night was shattered by a burst of gunfire and screams. Two gunmen burst into a Riverhead apartment in the middle of the night on Friday, August 23, and shot three people, including a 15-year-old boy and a woman, seriously wounding all three.

Police called to the scene found the boy and another victim, a 46-year-old woman, seriously wounded. They were stabilized by emergency responders from Riverhead Volunteer Ambulance and taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center, police said.

If the victims knew their assailants, and whether they gave police that information, could not be gleaned. But a new twist to the case occurred while the victims were being treated. A 29-year-old man arrived at the hospital in a car, with multiple gunshot wounds on his legs. Again, police are not releasing statements that may have been made but the man, they said, was yet another victim of the home invasion. It was not a random event, they said.

The attack took place at the

River Pointe Apartments at 821 East Main shortly before police were called at 1:30 AM.

In Southold

In Southold town, police made two drunk driving-related arrests. On Monday, August 19, Tammy Scrivener, 49, of Moriches, was pulled over on Route 48 for allegedly swerving in her 2009 Impala at about 6:30 PM. They said she failed roadside sobriety tests and was taken into custody, charged with DWI.

A day earlier, a 22-year-old Rochester man was charged with the same offense. Police said they pulled over Richard Yates because he was allegedly speeding on Front Street in Greenport around 3 AM. Yates subsequently failed several standardized field sobriety tests, police said, prompting them to level a DWI charge.

On Shelter Island

Shelter Island police said they took in local women for driving while stoned. They said Lauren Dickerson, 65, was stopped on August 5 for making an improper left turn. She was impaired and so charged, and will answer the DWAI charge next week.

Robin O’Reilly, 54, of New York City was driving on North Ferry Road on August 8 when she allegedly hit a parked car. Police, after investigating the accident, arrested O’Reilly and hit her with a DWI and other charges. She was processed after arraignment the next morning.

[email protected]

More from Our Sister Sites