Follow this recipe and learn to make Lulu Kitchen & Bar chef Philippe Corbet‘s Whole Roasted Cauliflower.
1. Select a whole medium-size, fresh, white crunchy cauliflower covered with the leaves.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
3. Place the cauliflower in a metal pot and fill until 3/4 full with water.
4. Add salt.
5. Cover with a lid, bring to a boil, then lower to a moderate boil and cook for 10–15 minutes, depending on the size of the cauliflower.
7. Brush the cauliflower with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, Aleppo pepper and sesame seed.
8. Place in a baking dish, place the dish in the center of the oven, and bake until the top turns golden brown (about 60 minutes).
9. The outside of the cauliflower should be crisp and the inside as soft as butter.
10. Served with a yogurt, garlic, and lemon sauce.
4000g yogurt Greek plain
100g peeled garlic
100 ml lemon oil
8 lemon juices
10g Aleppo pepper
5g Portuguese spice blend
10g Kosher salt
Pepper to taste