February 9 is National Pizza Day, so let’s celebrate the simple to make, easy to eat, and endlessly delicious food with 10 pizza quotes from some of the world’s most famous, witty and, in at least one case, brilliant people!
Even a few of our favorite Hamptons residents and visitors had something to say on the subject, which is no surprise considering 94 percent of Americans eat pizza regularly, 93 percent of Americans have eaten it in the last month and each person in America eats about 46 pizza slices a year (fun facts according to pizza.com).
The East End is rife with excellent pizza, so make sure to celebrate with a slice at lunch today or a pie for dinner tonight. You’ll never go wrong when choosing from our list of Dan’s Best of the Best pizza in the Hamptons and on the North Fork, so click the link below and dig in!
And now for the quotes, presented here in ascending order:
Top 10 Pizza Quotes
10. We’ve got a wood-burning pizza oven in the garden – a luxury, I know, but it’s one of the best investments I’ve ever made. –Gwyneth Paltrow
9. Comfort food is really anything you want at that time. That said, I really love Naples-style pizza. –(Dan’s Taste of Summer host) Geoffrey Zakarian
8. I always treat myself to one meal on Sundays when I can have whatever I want. Usually it’s pizza, which is my favorite indulgence. –Beyonce Knowles
7. The universe is hilarious! Like, Venus is 900 degrees. I could tell you it melts lead. But that’s not as fun as saying, ‘You can cook a pizza on the windowsill in nine seconds.’ And next time my fans eat pizza, they’re thinking of Venus! –Neil deGrasse Tyson
6. And I don’t cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza. –Tiger Woods
5. Every cook I knows loves to make pizza. –Tom Douglas
4. I think of dieting, then I eat pizza. –Lara Stone
3. You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six. –Yogi Berra
2. There’s no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap. –Kevin James
1. Pizza makes me think that anything is possible. –Henry Rollins