An adorned wrist completes any outfit. These days there are all kinds of cool bracelets—rhinestone, vintage, wood, leather, silk wrapped, hammered gold and and silver linked. Layering bracelets, also known as “arm candy” adds color and dimension to the most basic outfits.
Open any fashion magazine these days and note the layers of fabulous arm candy. Try wearing a collection of bracelets and cuffs, choosing styles that suit your personality, whether you want to wear classic, trendy, colorful, edgy or all together! This trend is able to showcase a person’s individuality with the way one can coordinate bracelets with an outfit.
The beauty of stacking bracelets is that the possibilities are endless. Adding your own style and twist by stacking bracelets. It is fun, creative and allows you to be both fashionable and unique. Pick your favorite bracelets or cuffs with gemstones, mixed metals, beads or crystals. Getting adored is easy when you feel adorned.
Here are a few tips you can follow to attain the perfectly adorned wrist:
1. Be an alchemist and mix metals such as silvers, golds and blacks. Pile on gold styles, then add a few gemstone styles in silver or rose gold.
2. You can create a specific theme when piling on your bracelets. For instance, you can wear all silver or all beaded bracelets. Or mix coral and turquoise colors. Stick to similar hues or shades that complement one another.
3. You may want to only mix and match bracelets on one arm. If you do decide to wear bracelets on both arms you want one arm to be simple with thinner bracelets, or just one on the opposite arm.
4. Choose a wider statement cuff as your assortment’s focal point. It will help anchor the rest of your bracelets, too.
5. Don’t be afraid to use a watch when stacking bracelets. You can mix and match both bold and simple pieces with your watch.
Check out Amy Zerner and Monte Farber’s new Enchanted World Emporium in East Hampton (8 Main Street), 631-324-7695, where you can see all of their creations. The husband and wife duo will be signing their new astrology book Sun Sign Secrets (Weisers 2014) at the store from 3-6pm on Sunday May 25.