The Cabin Fever Music Festival will showcase a diverse roster of bands from February 5 to February 28 at venues from Center Moriches to Southampton Village.
The music festival started as a way to get people out of the melancholy of winter, and to expose them to all of the great local music on the East End of Long Island. Throughout the music festival’s history, “we have enjoyed years of amazing shows and turnouts, and had so many great performers,” says Brendon Henry, the founder of Cabin Fever.
The ninth annual Cabin Fever Music Festival has added new venues this year, The Mill Roadhouse and Buck’s Tavern. There will also be nights devoted to acoustic sessions at Cowfish.
What makes this year’s music festival distinct from past festivals is the diverse lineup of new bands, more acoustic performers, and musicians who will be playing original works. Henry shows special enthusiasm for the band Bad Mary. “I’m really excited to have them here,” Henry says, “they’re pretty popular and on the up and coming in Long Island, and this’ll probably be their first real show.”
The diverse genres that attendees can expect include rock and roll, punk rock, hard rock, classic rock, country, rockabilly and reggae. In addition to these live performances, DJs will spin. The one thing festivalgoers can rely on to remain the same is the low admission price of $5. All of the money goes to the bands, Henry says. “It’s a great way to support local art,” and one of his favorite things about the music festival is “we have a lot of good music that goes under the radar and we give a chance to bands who can’t get their foot in the door.”
• Friday, February 5 | Southampton Publick House, Southampton at 10 p.m. | featuring Black Leaf, Souliztik
• Saturday, February 6 | Buckley’s Inn Between, Hampton Bays at 10 p.m. | featuring The Realm, Eva Adalai
• Wednesday, February 10 | Cowfish, Hampton Bays at 8:30 p.m. | featuring: Andrew Cooper, Nick Kerzner
• Friday, February 12 | Doran’s, Hampton Bays at 10 p.m. | featuring Kyle Horn, Rich Lamirault
• Saturday, February 13 | Buckley’s Irish Pub, Center Moriches at 10 p.m. | featuring Necter, The Tweekers, The Shipwrecks
• Wednesday, February 17 | Cowfish, Hampton Bays at 8:30 p.m. | featuring Chetflix and Nill, Black Leaf
• Friday, February 19 | The Mill Roadhouse, Westhampton Beach at 10 p.m. | featuring Craig Whitney, Ne’er Do Wells
• Saturday, February 20 | Buckley’s Inn Between, Hampton Bays at 10 p.m. | featuring (Disco’s Bday Xtravaganza), Project Vibe
• Wednesday, February 24 | Bub’s Tavern, Hampton Bays at 8:30 p.m. | featuring Steven Meadors, Bryan Gallo
• Friday, February 26 | Southampton Publick House, Southampton at 10 p.m. | featuring Necter, Satchel Boogie
• Saturday, February 27 | Bub’s Tavern, Hampton Bays at 10 p.m. | featuring Mick Hargreaves, Butchers Blind (duo)
• Sunday, February 28 | Jimmy C’s, Hampton Bays at 3 p.m. | Closing party featuring Warm Needles, Bad Mary, Planeside, Haunted Hacienda