There is no better way to savor summer than with an evening of tacos, tequila, surf and sand. Dan’s Corona MonTaco presented by Don Julio will make its debut at Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa this summer on Friday, July 7.
1. Guests are invited to experience a Latin-inspired celebration like no other, featuring celebrated chefs’ culinary twists on classic Mexican cuisine. Dishes will be paired with Mexican cerveza, Spanish cavas, tequila and more.
2. Traditional tacos: tacos de asador, tacos de cazo, tacos de cazuela, tacos sudados, tacos al pastor, tacos de pescado, tacos de camarones.
3. What should wash down a MonTaco? Corona, of course. Corona isn’t only “miles away from ordinary,” it’s also a city in California and, in astronomy, an aura of plasma that surrounds a star.
4. Local ingredients for your MonTaco: tuna, monkfish, lobster, crab, lettuce, radish, cucumber, tomato, cabbage, carrot, epazote, onion, zucchini, etc.
5. An oceanfront fiesta at Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa; 290 Old Montauk Highway, Montauk.
6. Hosted by Adam Richman, Travel Channel host, author & travel explorer.
7. The restaurants: 668 The Gig Shack, Arbor, The Beach Club at Gurney’s Montauk, Coast Kitchen at the Montauk Yacht Club, Fat Ass Fudge from the Kitchens of Chocology, Gosman’s Restaurant, La Esqubia, New York Prime Beef, Pampano Restaurant, Seamore’s, Smokin’ Wolf BBQ & More!, South Edison and Crave Fishbar, Street Taco, Tacombi Montauk, Union Cantina.
8. What else washes down a MonTaco? Luxury tequila with a heritage: Don Julio Tequila.
9. A portion of the proceeds go to The Retreat, which provides safety, shelter and support for victims of domestic abuse and works to break the cycle of family violence.
10. The chefs: Gray Gardell, Pierre Sudre, Rick Denis, Richard Hebson, Linda Johnson, David Piacente, Fabian Gallardo, Josh Tanner, Eleazar Estrada, Christopher Cryer, Arthur Wolf, Todd Mitgang, Justin Ottervanger, Oscar Hernandez, Scott Kampf.
11. Local ingredients for salsa: tomato, pepper, cilantro, vinegar, corn, sea salt, peaches.
12. Are clamshells are original taco shells?
13. Saturday, July 8: Dan’s ClambakeMTK at Gurney’s Montauk/ Guests will sink their teeth into surf and turf from top restaurants from Montauk to Manhattan while celebrating the beach life, the coastal cuisine and everything that makes Montauk the hottest seaside destination on the East Coast at ClambakeMTK.
Visit DansTasteofSummer.com for more information and tickets to all of Dan’s Taste of Summer Events.