Hampton Classic Still On

Hampton Classic Executive Director Shanette Barth Cohen said last week the event is still on.

“As of now, we are planning on having the horse show as scheduled, but are, of course, keeping a close eye on New York state and local guidelines,” she said. “We will need to make a final determination about the feasibility of holding the event no later than mid-June. That announcement will be posted across our social media channels as well as on our website, when it gets made.”

Cohen said should the show go on, grandstand tickets will go on sale July 1 and a prize list will be posted online June 30. There will not a printed prize list this year.

“We will outline all procedures regarding social distancing, sanitizing, and other pertinent information in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic in the prize list,” Cohen said. “Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. We will continue to keep you updated, and are hopeful to welcome everyone back to the classic at the end of August.”

[email protected]

More from Our Sister Sites